On Sunday, May 26, come join for all or part of Pittsburgh's March For a People's Budget, a 6 mile march across Pittsburgh to build momentum around passing a state budget prioritizing services and programs to increase the security, safety, and health of the people of our state - rather than spending millions on locking people up. Don't forget: the march will be followed by the Community Day BBQ, featuring free food, speakers, kids activities, and more opportunities to build community and oppose prison expansion in Pennsylvania.
Feel free to meet up at any point along the route if you are not interested in or able to walk the whole march. A shuttle will be available partway through the route to transport people to the Community Day BBQ at Mellon Park.
1. 10:00 Meet at Point Park Fountain (Blvd of the Allies and Wood Street)
2. 10:20 Arrive at Astorino (227 Fort Pitt Blvd.)
- Walk to Wood St. and turn left
- Walk down Wood St. until you arrive at Fifth Avenue.
- Turn right on Fifth
3. 10:40 Arrive at Governor’s Office (301 Fifth Ave.)
- Walk down Fifth Ave.
4. 10:45 Arrive at Allegheny County Assistance Building (350 Fifth Ave.)
- Walk down Fifth Ave. until you arrive at Grant St.
- Turn right on Grant St.
5. 10:55 Arrive at Allegheny County Courthouse (Fifth Ave. and Grant St.)
- Continue up Grant St. until Sixth St.
- Turn right onto Sixth Street and follow until Centre Ave.
- Turn right onto Centre Ave.
6. 11:25 Arrive at Freedom Corner (Centre Ave. and Crawford St.)
- Shuttle to Community Day BBQ
- Continue down Centre Ave. thanking allies along the way
7. 11:50 Arrive at Jake Wheatley’s Office (2015 Centre Ave.)
- Continue down Centre Ave. for 4 miles (1 hour 20 minutes)
8. 1:10 Arrive at Community Day! At Mellon Park across from Bakery Square in Shadyside/East Liberty/Point Breeze